1. Make sure the sealing surfaces are clean and free from any foreign particles.
2. Make sure there are no nicks or deep scratches on the sealing surface of the housing or the cover.
(If this occurs, unit must be returned for repair and testing.)
3. The cover has a static o-ring and does not require lubrication. Inspect the cover o-ring periodically and replace the o-ring if you observe any sign of ware or cracking.
4. After prolonged use we recommend rubbing in a small amount of silicon grease onto the flat sealing surface of the housing to maintain the best possible seal.
(Only on Contour-GPS and Contour+ models)
6. We recommended you keep the H2OV in a protective case to avoid transport damage.
7. When used in salt water, be sure to rinse with fresh water after each use.
8. Always use a non-scratch / micro-fiber cloth when cleaning the housing and lens.
9. Never leave the housing and camera in direct sunlight, this can cause the inside of the housing to become extremely hot and could damage the camera and the housing's internal magnet.
1. There is a scratch resistance coating on the exterior of the lens but not on the interior, care must be taken when cleaning the inside of the housing. To remove particles and dust from inside the housing we recommend using compressed air.
2. Care must be taken to keep the inside of the housing from getting wet. If this occurs, the felt pads inside the housing will need to be completely dry before the housing can be used. If the felt pads are damp, the housing may fog as the camera and interior of the housing heat up.